Sunday, May 22

Indy 500 Bump Day 2011 Danica Makes It!

This is great, updating a little now and then throughout the day. My first motorsports press conference was with Danica Patrick after she qualified for the 100th Anniversary Indianapolis 500 race.

What a great personality. I was impressed with how she handled the same questions being asked over and over again. I am not entirely certain if the people asking questions were listening to the others for that reason...

So, when asked how she felt after the nail-biter rain, race, rain afternoon, Patrick replied honestly, "I need a drink." Love it.
When asked if there was ever another day this scary, she replied, "Well, in 2006, I was doing 211 and 211 is pretty slow..."
She stated she feels very bad for Marco and knows what it feels like to be exactly where is he right now.

All I can say is for a first press conference I couldn't have asked for a better one. Danica drama is at a high speed: catch up or get left behind...
Elizabeth J. Musgrave is a syndicated columnist, travel writer, music, restaurant and performing arts critic. Catch her as Indy’s Arts & Entertainment Adviser on 93 WIBC and follow her on Twitter @ejmusgrave1 and Facebook.
Gotta Go is published in the following newspapers: South Sider Voice, Indiana Weekender, New Palestine Reporter, Pendleton Times Reporter and Fortville-McCordsville Reporter.

No comments: