|Jingle Rails at Eiteljorg through Jan. 8. Image/RRImages|
- Jingle Rails: Where: Eiteljorg Museum. What it is: Thirteen overhead walk-under bridges, replicas of downtown Indianapolis, The Great West and national treasures as seen via seven trains traveling throughout the display. When: The "coolest exhibit I've ever seen," according to one child at the exhibit, is open through Jan 8. Website: Eiteljorg.com
- Willy Wonka: Where: Booth Tarkington Civic Theatre. What it is: Roald Dahl's classic children's story. When: This is a great way to introduce kids to live theater through Jan. 7. Website: CivicTheatre.org.
- Jolly Days: Where: Children's Museum: What it is: Listed consistently as a national must-see museum, Jolly Days is still fun after Christmas with activities for children of all ages, including a play castle, "ice skating" and theater. When: Through Jan. 8. Website: ChildrensMuseum.org.
- Hearthside Suppers: Where: Conner Prairie. What it is: Enjoy helping prepare an early 1800s dinner and eating it by candlelight. When: Starts Jan. 6. Website: ConnerPrairie.org.
- Conservatory Crossing: Where: Garfield Park Conserrvatory. What it is: Running train models, and a train village in partnership with The Indiana Railroad Company. When: Through Jan. 8. Website: GarfieldGardensConservatory.org.
- Ice skating: Where: Indiana State Fairgrounds. What it is: A great way to introduce kids to a new sport or keep active during the winter. When: Through April. Website: In.gov/StateFair