Although the festivities will be glorious, there might be some who are comfortable with not attending (the sure-to-be best-ever) Super Bowl XLVI.
|Image provided by Hoosier Park Racing & Casino|
And, just in case you want to keep an eye on the game without attending, some of the places making the list have televisions onsite to check the score.
- Beef and Boards Dinner Theatre-Located far north of the craziness which will ensue, the live theater venue has on stage Dixie Swim Club, (review here) a Steel Magnolias-meets-Golden Girls comedy for those wanting to laugh, rather than scream at football fumbles. Website: BeefandBoards.com
- Conner Prairie-Hearthside Dinners are a family friendly activity that makes learning about history fun. Website: ConnerPrairie.org
- Hoosier Park Racing and Casino-Located outside the circle of madness, in Anderson, the casino offers almost 200 slot machines, poker tables and several restaurants for those wanting to bet on something besides the pigskin. Website: HoosierPark.com
- Paoli Peaks-Skiing, snowboarding or curling up in front of the massive fireplace are all available on Super Bowl Sunday. Website: PaoliPeaks.com
- French Lick Resort-Escaping from all the hustle is easy in this southern Indiana getaway. Spas, restaurants and nearby shopping allow you to relax resort style. Website: FrenchLickResort.com
- Mallow Run Winery-Winter Warmup Weekend, in Bargersville, dishes up soup, warm bread and desserts along with live music and wine tastings. Website: MallowRun.com