In addition to the Award-winning films, Heartland will also screen Official
- The 10-day film festival opens Thursday, Oct. 13 with the screening of The Way, starring Martin Sheen and Emilio Estevez, scheduled to be at the Indianapolis Museum of Art.
- Additional events include the annual Heartland Film Festival Awards Ceremony on Saturday, Oct. 15 where attendees can experience the glitz and glamour of Hollywood at the Old National Centre downtown.
- Sunday, Oct. 16 presents an opportunity to meet with Festival filmmakers during Reel Conversations: the Filmmakers’ Brunch at the Omni Severin Hotel and the Family Movie Event on Sunday, Oct. 16 featuring The Lost Medallion: The Adventures of Billy Stone at the Indianapolis Museum of Art.
- Film enthusiasts can attend the Heartland Institute Seminars for free on Monday, Oct. 18 at 7:30 pm and on Wednesday, Oct. 20 at 7:00pm at the Castleton AMC theater to hear Heartland Film Festival Award-winning and Official Selection filmmakers as they break down their filmmaking process from screenwriting to directing to producing.
- The Festival will come to a close on Saturday, Oct. 22 at the Indianapolis Museum of Art with the time twister, Shuffle, starring T.J. Thyne, and the announcement of the 2011 Audience Choice Award winners.